Due to high demand, the Moncton pickup site had to end distribution as early as 11:30 a.m., when the public was initially scheduled to welcome until 5 p.m.
The queue for a rapid COVID-19 test stretched for a few miles in the Moncton area of New Brunswick on Saturday, October 16, 2021.
Photo : Contribution : Aaron Billard
The distribution of screening kits in Grand Falls and Perth-Andover also ceased earlier than expected. It was ended at 1 p.m., also due to the favorable response from the public.
In total, there were only 7,500 kits offered: 4,500 in Moncton, about 2,000 in Grand Falls and a thousand in Perth-Andover.
Other distribution days for these kits are scheduled as of Monday, across New Brunswick (see list below).
Saturday morning, the GRCRoyal Canadian Mounted Police from New Brunswick made a post on their account Twitter to advise the public that the traffic was very heavy on the road Mountain.
Due to the increased traffic in the parking lot of the Magic Mountain, traffic is blocked along the way Mountain from the Home Hardware as well as on the boulevard Wheeler on highway 2 at exit 450the police force said at around 9 a.m.
A distribution of COVID-19 test kits on the morning of October 16, 2021 in the Magic Mountain parking lot in Moncton.
Photo : Radio-Canada / Sarah Déry
The kits were distributed in the parking lot of the Magic Mountain, at 150, cheminMountain.
Shortly before 11 a.m., the Government of New Brunswick announced that it was closing the pick-up site at 11:30 a.m. due to too much demand and
queues longer than expected.
Staff on site appreciate your patience, can we read in the note communicated by public health.
A distribution of COVID-19 test kits on Saturday morning in the parking lot of Grand Falls city hall.
Photo: Radio-Canada / Bernard LeBel
In addition to Moncton, the rapid test kits were distributed this Saturday at Perth-Andover and Grand Falls, areas where COVID-19 is spreading more quickly.
Due to high demand, the COVID-19 rapid test pickup site in Grand Falls will close today at 1 p.m., the New Brunswick government said around noon.
These free test kits are available to those who do not have symptoms of COVID-19 and who have not been in contact with a sick person.
Where to go to get a screening kit?
Starting Monday, October 18, the kits will be available in all other regions. They will be available free of charge at the following locations:
- Greater Moncton Health Center – 150 Edmonton Avenue, Moncton (Monday to Thursday 3 to 9 p.m .; Friday 1 to 5 p.m .; Saturday 9 a.m. to noon)
- Cocagne Health Clinic – 481, route 134, in Cocagne (Monday to Thursday 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. to 4 p.m .; Friday 8 a.m. to noon)
- 380, avenue MacNaughton, in Moncton (Monday to Friday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
- Edmundston Regional Hospital (Monday to Friday, 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.)
- Haut-Madawaska Medical Clinic – 809, rue Principale, in Clair (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.)
- Grand Falls General Hospital (Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- Hôtel-Dieu Saint-Joseph de Saint-Quentin (every day from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.)
- E. L. Murray – 3 Stanley Street, Campbellton (Monday to Friday 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.)
- Community health center St. Joseph – 280, rue Victoria, at Dalhousie (Monday to Friday from noon to 3 p.m.)
- Shediac Regional Medical Center – 419, rue Main, in Shediac (Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
- Jacquet health center River – 41, rue Mack, in Belledune (Monday to Friday, 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.)
- Chaleur Regional Hospital – 1750 Sunset Boulevard, Bathurst (Monday to Saturday 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.)
- Hôpital l’Enfant-Jésus RHSJ † – 1, boulevard Saint-Pierre Ouest, in Caraquet (Monday to Friday, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.)
- Hôpital de Tracadie – 400, rue des Hospitalières, in Tracadie (daily from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.)
- Lamèque Hospital and Community Health Center (Monday to Friday, noon to 3 p.m.)
- Paquetville Health Center – 1096, rue du Parc, in Paquetville (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m .; Wednesday 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.)
- Saint-Isidore Community Health Center – 39731-1, boulevard des Fondateurs, in Saint-Isidore (Monday to Friday, 12:30 p.m. to 3 p.m.)
- Church St. James the Less – 1760, road Rothesay, To Rothesay (Monday to Friday, from 10am to 18pm)
- Exhibition ground – 361, rue Smythe, Fredericton (Monday to Friday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
- 365 Wellington Street, Miramichi (Monday to Friday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
With information from Isabelle Leger, from CBC