The theme for World Sight Day 2021 is LoveYourEyes. A message that could be translated as “love your eyes”. The goal is to encourage everyone to “take an eye exam or recommend that others do so,” says the International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness. A necessity when we know that “almost all the inhabitants of the planet will be confronted with an eye health problem during their life”.
When to schedule an eye exam
Overall, “we should all have our eyes examined once every two years,” the agency reveals. But there are certain situations that should encourage consultation once a year:
– If you already suffer from an eye condition and your ophthalmologist has advised you to carry out regular examinations, it is important to adhere to the following schedule;
– If you are 40 or over;
– If you have a family history of glaucoma (increased eye pressure or any complications that threaten your eyesight);
– If you are diabetic or hypertensive;
– If you have a history of chronic smoking;
– If you already wear glasses and your eye power is high (high myopia).
If you notice any of these signs, consult urgently: flashes of light, blurred vision or sudden loss of vision, eye redness or pain, the sight of colored rings around the light …
Breast cancer: consult for breast reconstruction!
Source: Destination Santé