Coronavirus – Vaccination: 34% of adverse effects are considered serious

Coronavirus – Vaccination: 34% of adverse effects are considered serious
Coronavirus – Vaccination: 34% of adverse effects are considered serious

PostedOctober 16, 2021, 10:04

In mid-October, Swissmedic had processed 8,757 reports of suspected adverse reactions from the coronavirus vaccine. The majority of them concern women.

The most common side effects include fever, headache, and fatigue.

Tamedia AG

The Swiss Institute for Therapeutic Products (Swissmedic) is responsible for evaluating all reports concerning suspected adverse effects of the Covid-19 vaccine. In a press release published on Friday, Swissmedic informs that it has evaluated to date (until October 12) 8,757 declarations (out of more than 5.5 million people who have received at least one dose). The majority (66%) report non-serious effects and 34% mention serious effects. An undesirable effect is qualified as serious or non-serious depending on its intensity or duration, specifies a spokesperson. About half of these reports were made by healthcare professionals (52%), the other half directly by the people concerned (48%).

Swissmedic

No concrete link between vaccine and death cases

On average, people with side effects are 53 years old; 14.7% are 75 years or older. In cases considered serious, the average age is 56 years and, in reports of deaths concomitant with vaccination, the average is 79 years. In 150 of these serious cases, the death of the vaccinated person after a more or less long time was deplored. However, according to Swissmedic, despite the temporal concordance, there is no concrete indication that the vaccine is the cause of death. 65% of the declarations evaluated concern women and only 32% of men. 3% of cases do not mention the person’s sex.

Pericarditis and myocarditis in “very rare cases”

A glance at the nature of the side effects shows that fatigue, fever and headache are among the most common symptoms. Nausea, pain at the injection site and skin reactions are also regularly mentioned. It does not matter whether it is Moderna’s vaccine or Pfizer / BioNTech.

OFSP

In very rare cases, myocarditis and pericarditis have been reported following administration of mRNA vaccines. In most cases, these reactions were seen within 14 days of the injection and after the administration of the second dose. Swissmedic warns: “There is at least a probable causal link between these vaccines and the myocarditis and pericarditis observed. Healthcare professionals should therefore be alert to the signs and symptoms of these two conditions, and instruct people who have been vaccinated to seek immediate medical attention and seek help immediately if they experience chest pain, such as chest pain. shortness of breath or heart palpitations. And that if such symptoms should appear, any intense physical exertion should be avoided until their cause has been elucidated. “

Source

Coronavirus Vaccination adverse effects considered

 
For Latest Updates Follow us on Google News
 

NEXT For Sidaction, these sex scenes have been changed and it changes everything